Friday, September 9, 2016

Grade 1 Charlotte 2017

Here's what I have lined up for Charlotte and Grade 1 for our 2017 year.

{ Bible }

Bible Stories



{ English }

Learn To Read CLE
Now, as some of you know we are currently working in Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons - so this is laying some awesome ground work for when we return to do these.


Followed immediately by Grade 1 CLE.
Technically you can start their Language Arts program once you hit 106 in the LTR, but we shall see how she goes.  They cover a lot of phonics and rules.  Great stuff.  Charlotte will be my 4th child using this curriculum.  Once you find something that is exceptional and works amazing, you just keep using it.  :o)



{ Maths }

Rod and Staff 1

She's already started Book 1, so now she'll just continue until she's finished with Book 2.




{ Reading }

Various beginning readers starting with these:



and 


Here's a photo of the inside of the Green { super beginner } book.  How awesome and gentle is that to start a child with reading?  


I love, love, love that they are ALL God centred and Bible focused.


In addition to HER reading, "I" will still be trying to find time to read stories / books to her too.



{ History - Story of the World I }



I love that you can buy the activity pages and tests as pdf downloads.
I do have hard copies { ie. the books in real life, so I still have the questions, narration examples - which I like to use as copywork quite frankly, and book recommendations } but I really prefer the pdf's instead.



{ Science - Evan Moor Science 1 }

Soooooooo gentle and easy, and it meets my paper trail addiction.
I don't really want to do anything heavy for Science for Grade 1 simply because she will be really focused on getting her reading down solid, and a bit of basic math started.





{ Art / Activity }

Word Work - Generally this will just be her working through a ton of worksheets that I picked up from TpT that focus mainly on word work - Phonics, Vocabulary etc...  Alternatively, there'll be Art days in there too.  However I think in reality that she'll be doing all sorts of things.  This is just the tick space on my list that gives us the room to move things in and move things out - that little something to break up all the other monotony. 

Now, having planned all this, we still have a couple of months before it goes live..... so there is always a small chance I might tweak it before then.  ha ha ha, a good homeschooling mummies prerogative.  :o)

Thanks for visiting Chookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.