Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Grade 3 Hannah 2017


Here's what I've got lined up for Hannah this year:


{ Bible }

I figure that she'll just mosey along at 1 page a day, except on Mondays where she'll add a new memory verse to her collection.  I just want her to start getting used to reading a real Bible and looking up the answers in it.



{ English }

Hannah has already started Book 4 so she'll just continue on until it's finished.



{ Maths }

I thought that she might have done a bit better with this, so I'm giving her another round of it instead of letting her go on to the next book.  She has those couple of years of padding - so it won't put her back to do another year, in fact I think it will just make it all the much more better as it will be much more easier this time.



{ Reading }

Various readers, although to be honest I want to up the level since she reads pretty good.


{ History }

I thought we'd try out something new.  :o)


I was also thinking this book, so I dunno, maybe I will still use it or keep it as a back up.  Not sure, but I am hoping that by the time we get there it will all be settled.


{ Science }

This year I want to add in all the questions too, not just an outline/mini essay on each chapter.


{ Spelling }

This is what she is currently using, and will just continue working on through.  I'm hoping to pick up the next book in the series as a follow on.

Apart from doing the workbook, each day I dictate 10 words for her to work on - whatever was spelled wrong is copied correctly and their syllables are also noted and worked on.


{ Vocabulary }
She did do a few lessons already, but I'm still going to send her back to the beginning of the book and see if we can't lift that level of delivery.



We'll also add in other odds and pieces and in particular Art as well.

Thanks for visiting Chookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.