Friday, February 27, 2015

{ Week 9 }

The weeks are speeding by rather quickly, don't you think?

This week in the school department I feel that we made some super good progress, but it will still take a lot of work to make it stick like glue and become autonomous.

Today I want to start off with something funny though:


Do you get it?
Way funny, I thought.

I also found about a 100 photos taken by the girls { ie. not by me } on the camera.

Hannah continues with her freestyle "Art".
This piece is a pretty good meter long, I reckon.  Maybe a little more.


Last week I mentioned that the writing needed more attention.  So, this week I spent some time with the girls to help get a bit more out of them in the History and Science departments.

This one was done by Hannah.  I was particularly impressed that she was able to find the main idea to begin with, which made the lesson quite timely and easy to do.  Now technically we'd be starting new paragraphs at each of those roman numerals but it's all a bit of a hop, skip, and jump to the "real" thing.


ha ha ha - guess what?  more Hannah Art on the camera.  You know I'm just uploading them all in sequential order that they were taken for the blog.  :o)


The following is a piece that Chloe did for Science.  The outline for it is up above on the page, but I helped her put the outline together, and I figured you didn't want to see "my" work so much as you wanted to see "her" work.  :o)  As a side note Chloe was totally put to calm and relaxed when she saw how quickly I put it together { oh say, like under 2 mins if that }.  There are some super nice easy cheat ways of "perusing" a text to get the gist of it or to build your outline.  Thank you especially to the Titles, Sub Titles, and Listed Points.  Even better when they stick out when separated or bolded text.  Oh, I should also mention that the vocabulary list was also a helpful little addition as well.  Anyway, she still needs some work, but this is a much improved piece compared to previous submissions.


Then on Wednesday morning I tried walking both Hannah and Phebe through a MOH lesson.  We only got an outline done, but that is a very good lot of work and progess.

{ Hannah }
I think the a, b, c threw them off a little because up until now I'd only just been asking for the roman numerals { aka paragraph main ideas }  There was just too much in the lesson, as in information with which to draw a decent narration out of.  A lot of children would be going, well, she talked about this, and this, and this and I reckon they'd just get lost on it all.  So we did end up leaving out a bit of stuff too.  I figured since Hannah was nearing the end of her page we'd call it a day.  We had 3 good paragraphs outlined and ready to write up if we chose to and for a 5 year old I think that's plenty.


{ Phebe }
Phebes just basically came along for the ride.  In a lot of ways we're still at the stage where I am setting up the formatting.


For English this week I threw a spanner in the works and added this little exercise.  There were a few more other pieces for the Fable but hey, can't show you "everything".


and I don't really think you'd want to see three different versions of this either, so....I'll just grab "one" of them, ok?


We also took a quick tour to visit "landforms" again.




We'll be working on some more landforms later on today.  Heather from Only Passionate Curiosity has some awesome free printables on her blog this week. 

Chloe started French.  Wow, is she totally interested in this or what?  It's great, but yeah, more work for mummy.  She is also using Duolingo as well.  I never really pictured her as a french language girl, but yeah, she's taking to it like a duck to water.  Guess she just had to be interested in it.


And todays show and tell:

Chloes MOH lesson.  Now, I MUST say how improved this piece is compared to previous weeks.  It is actually reflecting her school age much more closely.


Here is Hannahs piece { from the same lesson }.
Outline on the left, written piece on the right.


Some more Hannah Art.  :o)


Today I'll be joining up with:


and

Weekly Wrap-Up

and

My Week in Review Link UP

I hope you will join us.

Thanks for visiting.



4 comments:

  1. Love those high hills! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High hills lol. That is sweet.
    Love all the girls work you share. I love seeing what do for MOH seeing as we are doing it as well.
    I learnt French at school but I cannot remember any of it. Wish I did. We are learning Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love taking pictures of their creations as well =) Great art work and great school work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love taking pictures of their creations as well =) Great art work and great school work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.