Friday, July 6, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal



In my life this week…

A lot of the same old stuff has been happening.  Mostly housework, school, and general living.  Nothing super out of the ordinary.

Oh, I did have a morning tea at my place on Thursday.  We made personalized journal books for the book of John.  I made my own notebook pages, printed them out, bound them, and hand stamped them throughout.


In our homeschool this week…

I got an AWESOME bargin at Hardly Normal ( Harvey Norman ).  I managed to pick up a couple of Exam Creators for $5.00 each.  I got a grade 9 and a grade 10 set.  I really like the look of them.  I hope that we can use them somewhere along the line.


Hannah ( Miss 3 ) learnt to click with the computer mouse.  This in turn has opened up a whole new world for her via the computer.   

Phebe ( Miss 5 ) is still keeping pace.  This week she learnt about silent e.   I am pretty happy about the speed at which she has been catching things.  For extra reading practice I made these cards with the silent e for fun.  I'm going to add some more later on for /i/ and /u/. 


Chloe ( Miss 7 ) has given me a real run for my money this week.  I think the only thing that she liked was painting.  Nuff said.


Caleb ( Mr 15 ) got a year older.  He also decided that he was going to slack off again for another week.  Good thing I have leverage.  He's not going on the next white mountain excursion unless he is up to date with his school work.  Ha ha ha ha ha.


Daniel ( Mr 16 ) did an awesome job of staying up to date.  Odd I know.  Normally he is the one who can't keep up to date. 


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

This week I found a FREE Froggy Pirate clip chart.  I thought it was super cute. 

Sometimes I must take my own advice.  The workbook is made for man, not man for the workbook. 


I am inspired by…

Beautiful, clean, and organized things. 


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

People I saw in real life:  Joanne and Chris - who both came over for morning tea.  


My favorite thing this week was…

Finding the froggy pirate clip chart.   Sad, hay.   Next week I will try my very best to find a happy moment with my children.  


What’s working/not working for us…

Working:  Sending the baby to sleep out in the lounge room with dad.  This is so that she can stop feeding on me in the middle of the night, and so that I can get some real sleep.  And it's working.  Yay~!!


Questions/thoughts I have…

Thought:  Stairs.  I have a thing for stairs.  I don't like climbing them, but I LOVE seeing them.  They do something to me spiritually.


Things I’m working on…

Blogging. 


I’m reading…

 
This week I read The Little Red Hen ( a FEW times ).


I’m cooking…

As little as possible.  


I’m grateful for…

The extra sleep I've had this week. 
  
Friendships that encourage.  I've had a few ladies extend their friendship this week and it has really encouraged me.


I’m praying for…

My daughter to be able to look for a house and move out.  

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Thanks for visiting.  :o)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how teens keep us on our toes ?

    Well done to Miss Phebe !

    Sounds like a real productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog design! looks like you had a busy week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... I'm inspired by beautiful, clean, organized things, too! In fact I'm only here commenting on a few blogs while I take a tea break from all sorts of cleaning and reorganizing in our school room today. Clutter actually makes it harder for me to think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the daisies on the sides of your blog! So cute! We enjoy "The Little Red Hen" too! It's a GREAT story! :D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.