Thursday, July 26, 2012

Home Again

I am back~!!  Did you miss me?  Of course you did, silly question~!!

8 days - and I think I might need a holiday from the holiday.

Little Miss 11 months decided that she really wanted to be attached to me pretty much permanently - so that sort of made it hard work.  But the good news is that I got to go shopping and got some new books.  Those I can share about later.

What I'm in a super duper hurry to share with you today is that while I was at my sisters place I got to see how she does salads and I thought, hay, way cool, I should do that too.   She adds things like cashews and mung beans, alfalfa sprouts and stuff like that amongst it all.  The dressing is done with either an orange or a lemon and she even hid avocado in there too.

So the first thing I did when I got home last night was get out some of the seeds that she sent me home with and got a little set up happening.


Then this morning I went and discovered one of the coolest little shops in town that has bulk seeds and health foods.  They have all these buckets on the wall, and one just pull them down, then scoops out how much you want into the little baggies and tape them up.  It was fun. Ooh and while I was there I got myself some jars.

Check out these babies.


I got 6 x 1 litre jars.  Not as many or as big as my sisters though, but they were a great start.  She has this AWESOME shelf FULL of seeds, beans and stuff.  She's really into healthy.

When I got home I got busy with my new toys.


I can't wait for another excursion back there again.

Anyhooo, we've been on holidays for school all this week.  We'll be back to that on Monday.  I'll see what else I can post about between now and then.  Must run, Miss Charlotte is calling......




6 comments:

  1. Of course I missed you. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess... Border JustFoods? If not, they are THE place to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes~!! It is an AWESOME shop~!! Can't wait to go back again. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. It was great to meet up in real life - sorry I got distracted with the books though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home. Glad you had a great trip.
    Boarder Just Foods is an awesome shop.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.