Friday, August 16, 2013

My Word Folder - aka the Spelling Dictionary

When the girls do writing they OFTEN ask me how to spell words.  So, recently when I was over at Pinterest I saw this awesome idea for a personal spelling dictionary, and thought to myself, let's do that!

Basically one takes a file folder and puts a super cute cover page on the front.



On the inside I put a print out for writing words.  I put 4 letters to each page - except for near the end.  Then I put 3 pages on top of each side.  So there's a space for words for the whole alphabet.


Now when they ask how to spell a word I'll just pop it in here.  At some point I'm hoping that they'll use this more than asking me how to spell a word.  Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway. :o)


I do have a spelling dictionary somewhere in the house - unused, but for the life of me can't remember where it is.  I tried to look for it the other day, to save me some messing around time, but I couldn't find it.  I'll probably find it when we are all good and use to using this one.  Ha ha ha ha.

What do you use?  Do you have a little spelling dictionary?  Or do you just tell the spelling each time your child asks how to spell something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.