Monday, May 13, 2013

Update on Tick List

Well, as it turned out my entire Tick List got remodeled and now looks like this:


Daily Work Tick List

Chloe { 8 }

Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri

Bible











Spelling











Reading











Maths











Dictation / Grammar











Copywork / Writing











Latin / Greek











History / Science











Art / Project Work













I did one the same for Phebe too.

I'm still tweaking this classical model.  I've had to do some quick perusing from the book shelf to help get me going again, but it is starting to take shape.  :o)

Yep, as you can see I've now slipped in Latin and Greek too. :)




2 comments:

  1. Wow Deborah, how do you get through everything with each kid? I have often wondered about home schooling - It definitely has it's advantages! I'll keep reading your blog (I don't have children yet so have a while to learn!)

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, I juggle a lot. :o) I also delegate ( hubby often helps out in the mornings before he goes to work in the afternoon. I also try to get the girls working at the same time if possible.

    Yesterday I had all 3 girls doing maths at the same time - all different levels and I just did a round robin with them marking their work until they were done. The older girls also did History together. Today the girls will do Science together. While I do grammar with one child, the other will do copywork ( after we've done the initial read and word study ). Lots of juggling. :o) I might have to do a blog post about how a day in the life for us currently runs. :o)





    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.