Friday, December 7, 2012

Common and Proper Nouns

 
Even though we are on holidays - sometimes I let the girls do a little school.
 
This week Chloe was doing a little work out of next years English:
 
 
Christian Light Education - English Grade 3 - Lightunit 301
 
Anyway - we got to a lesson in there that looked at common and proper nouns.   Chloe wasn't sounding like she had a full 100% grasp of it so I figured that I'd go looking for a game / resource that she could practice a little with it.  I couldn't find anything that I would use, so I just went and made one instead.
 
Here it is all laminated, cut, and put into a file folder and baggie.
 
 
 
So we divided up the cards into common and proper nouns.  We kept the anchor chart above to help us when we needed a reminder.
 

 
And we also sorted them out into person, place, or thing.
 
 
One of the recording worksheets that we used.
 
 
Another recording worksheet.
 
 
I am still trying to tweak the file, so I've made a couple of changes ( with the cards ).
 
If you'd like a copy just leave me a hello. :o)
 
Thanks so much for visiting.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Lovely craft work. You are very talented & I bet those pretty things make school so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am leaving you a cheerful Hello!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nouns activity looks fantastic! I am definitely leaving you a cheerful hello!

    stefanie.galvin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little game! You are so very clever Deb :-)

    Cassandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great activity.. I am leaving you a friendly hello.. only if you have time :)

    e.calver@rivermount.qld.edu.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this nice post. Proper nouns are one of the most essential parts of the English language, so Learn proper nouns to improve English Language skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello , they are wonderful , can i have copy
    neveenmjahed@live.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.