Sunday, November 11, 2012

History in 2013

 
For 2013 we will be doing Renaissance History.   This is the 3rd year of our History cycle.  We are following a Neo-Classical route.  I have to tell you that it is neo - simply because TRUE classical education involves things like Latin and Greek and not so much focus on History.
 
 
Books we'll be using:
 
 
SOTW III
 
 
This is the main spine + workbook pages for the little girls.  I've already done all my photocopying and printing for History.  Yep.  I have a file folder WAD all ready to go.  So if 2013 takes away my electricity we can still do History.  LOL  
 
 
Mystery of History III
 
 
This is the main spine for the older boys.  If we have time I'll also read it to the girls.  It's always good to have a second opinion or look through the glass.
 
 
Timeline Figures
 
Already printed out.  Yep, that's done too.
 
 
Synge III
The Awakening of Europe
 
 
Synge is really for the older boys, but if we have time I'll try to get that read to the little girls as well.  Maybe.
 
 
My main focus on EXTRA reading will be coming from here:
 
 
and here.
 
I LOVE these books.  Genevieve Foster has an amazing ability to discuss Parallel History.  I also love how they are glittered and filled with beautiful illustrations throughout.  We've already done two of her books previously.  Highly recommended~!! 
 
 
And of course I have a whole stack of bits and pieces on the shelves that would fit in with this era as well.  What to choose, what to choose?  So much reading, NOT so much time.
 
Thanks for visiting.
 
What will you study for History next year?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.