Saturday, May 4, 2013

Language Arts in a Classical Model

     Here's how I'm putting our new classical Language Arts course together:


{I've lost a little of the formatting by copying and pasting it here but you can get the idea.}


Daily Language Arts

Chloe { 8 }

Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri

Spelling – 15 mins











Grammar – 20 mins











Reading – 30 mins











Writing – 20 mins











Dictation – 5 mins












Daily Language Arts

Phebe { 6 }

Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri

Spelling – 10 mins











Grammar – 15 mins











Reading – 20 mins











Writing – 15 mins











Dictation – 5 mins












     Basically I've made myself a little tick list so that it'll be easier to keep track of.  It's set to cover a full fortnights worth of school.  That way I only have to print them up once every two weeks.  Just tweaking a little here and there to accommodate what we need as we go.

     I've based the subject list and times ( a little tweaked ) by what's discussed 
by Susan Wise Bauer in 'The Well Trained Mind'.  I've had the book for YEARS and it has always been extremely useful, so I highly recommend it.  If you can get a copy, please do.

     Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.