Thursday, January 28, 2016

Week 5

Last week we took a few days off and went camping.  It was our first time as a family in a tent.  It went great.  We can't wait to do another one.

As you all know I also use our get-aways to peruse strange second hand shops for books.  Yes, I found some more bargains on this trip too.  In particular I bought this:


A total bargain at $4.  All his paintings in a neat and organised book.


Noah is growing up.  I finally have a little toddler boy!




In the Maths department we started using these grid booklets for the girls to work out their questions.  I chose the ones that are roughly 1cm.  It's helping to keep all those numbers in the right columns.


Charlotte has been doing bits and pieces.  Each day I have it so she does something in the reading department, some flash cards, something from the maths department, and a random worksheet.   Occasionally I'll be adding a craft as well.


If you'd like a free copy of this worksheet, just click to download.


Miss 4 practiced her 3's a lot this week and she also started some morning work that I picked up from TpT.


Miss 8 gave me the BEST essay that she's ever written.  It's amazing how much improvement can be made on a little guidance.


This week I'll be linking up with:


I hope you will join us.

Thanks for visiting.




3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with how much your 8yo wrote. My 7yo strains to give me 3 sentences...but maybe it's because hes a BOY ;) I know there is great growth over the course of a year, too, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by this time next year! Thanks for sharing this peek into your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with how much your 8yo wrote. My 7yo strains to give me 3 sentences...but maybe it's because hes a BOY ;) I know there is great growth over the course of a year, too, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by this time next year! Thanks for sharing this peek into your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing what you get up to with the girls. I too am impressed with what miss 8 can write!!
    Noah is getting so very big.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.