Thursday, October 11, 2012

More Columbus Day

 
 
Well, I think we have now finished up our Columbus theme.
 
Here are a few things we did.
 
Stick puppets.  This Columbus asking Queen Isabella for some money to fund his little adventure.
 
 
 
 
We made Columbus hats.   I freestyled the pattern myself.
 
 
 
 
We also made telescopes with our handy dandy toilet rolls.  The girls painted them black.
 
 
 
 
I think Phebes little telescope came out the best.   It was more sturdy with joining two same sized rolls together.
 
 
 
 
Freestyling ships in a bottle.  Adding Columbus was an afterthought, otherwise I would have had the girls put the sails a bit more to the left. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found some more books with Columbus in them too.
 
This was an odd book.  It's basically a picture book where you FIND things in them.
 
 
 
 
And I also found him in:
 
Famous Explorers
 
Great Lives Great Deeds
 
Don't forget to check out my other Columbus post for additional books that we found him in.
 
 
We finished off with a little writing.
 
 
 
Thanks for visitng.
 
 


1 comment:

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.