Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple Crafts

We started our Apple theme this week with some good old fashioned crafts.
 
We tried a paper piecing of an apple.
 

We did a paper plate apple.


We even tried real apple painted prints.




It started out great.   I had high hopes that it would go off well.




But this 3rd activity  ...........  turned out to be a flop.   It was difficult for the girls to get good prints, and soon they got paint on the outside of the apple - which proved to be the end of it all as the skin became very slippery making it nigh impossible to get a print at all.

But the idea was there.

Tomorrow I'll show you some of the Maths ideas we did with the Apple theme.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Also - have you seen my Apple FREEBIE that I posted on Sunday?

* * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Today I'm going to link up with Cynthia from 2nd Grade Pad



Thanks for visiting.




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love all of your apple activities! My 18 first graders are doing apple projects this week as well! :-) So fun! I have done the apple prints for many years. It really takes trial and error to get it right! I have discovered that you want to choose apples that are very crispy, the granny smith works well (soft/juicy apples aren't as good). Then lay the apple on its side and cut it in half that way (opposite of how you would prepare snack). This makes it so the star shows up in the print which is really cool! :-) The last thing I discovered it that a little paint goes along way, so I always have the kids use a tiny bit and if they get carried away we wipe it off with a paper towel every now and then.

    As someone who was homeschooled as a child, I particularly love your blog! :)

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.