Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lydia the Patriot

I'm not entirely sure as to how I ended up with this particular American historical styled novel.  I think at the time I was looking for something to add to our read alouds in Korrong.   Even though I am an Australian I think that this book fitted in nicely for where we are in our History timeline.  Not my normal read aloud style, but still doable. 


{ Lydia the Patriot }

Sub Topic: The Boston Massacre



  • Author/s:  Susan Martins Miller
  • Format: Paperback
  • Number of Pages: 144
  • Vendor: Barbour Books
  • Publication Date: 2004
  • Ages: 8-12
  • Series: Sisters in Time


Time Period: 1770  Twelve-year-old Bostonian Lydia Lankford knows in her heart of hearts that the patriot cause is true and just-so why can't other members of her family see that, too? When the Boston Massacre occurs, this fictional colonist finds herself witnessing a spark that helps to ignite the American Revolution. Especially for girls ages eight to twelve, the fascinating story of Lydia Lankford shares the coming-of-age experiences of an impetuous girl on the verge of young womanhood, while teaching important lessons of Christian faith and American history. "Lydia the Patriot" makes a great recreational read, and is perfect for homeschooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.