Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 18

For the last few weeks I've been doing a "Places to Visit" on a Friday, but today I'd like to jump back to my usual updates on the school week.

Today is a very special day.  Yes it is.

Hannah my 4y2m blonde blue eyed princess has finished the first book of Grade 1 Maths { Rod and Staff }.  Yep, she finished up with clocks to the half hour, and some fractions too.  Not to mention when she did money she was counting by 5's and 10's, and she even remembered to write the little cents sign as well.




I'm pretty excited.  She's pretty excited. 


Only another 85 lessons and she'll have gotten to Grade 2 - her goal in life at the moment.  She set that goal herself.  I'm just helping her to achieve it. 

You're probably thinking - no way can a 4 year old set a goal like that, but I assure you she has.  She is "desperate" to do Grade 2 maths just like her big sister Phebe.  So I'm just obliging her by providing the work and guiding her along the way.

Hannah skip counting by 5's and 10's.  Thought I'd have a go at videoing her.



Once I get the hang of making little videos I could probably do a few more show and tells this way.

{ Maybe - just a thought there. }

* * * * * * *

Chloe started formal division this week.

Hopefully she'll get the hang of it quickly.

* * * * * * *

We started Life of Fred Cats this week as well.


What else to tell?  Ummmmm...

Chat later.  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.