Sunday, August 18, 2013

Very First Dictionary

The other day I showed you what I was starting to use for a word dictionary, but as I got to thinking, { scary concept I know, as it always leaves me tweaking things } I realised that we could cover a LOT more words with minimal effort if I just taught the girls how to use this:


It would mean that they'd get that alphabet order down solid.


And probably get side tracked reading about other words.


But at least it would make them MORE independent, and self taught.


And since that is one of my homeschool goals - I think that I should definitely do that.


Do you have this book on your shelves?  What other children's dictionaries do you keep?

How do you help your child spell their words?  At what age do you expect them to work out spelling for themselves?

Thanks for visiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.