Saturday, June 23, 2018

Life With a 3 Year Old

Today I share a little of what I get to see every day with the life of a 3 year old boy.

* * * * * * *

Little boy takes a pint jar and fills it with a tea towel - so half in, half out. He proceeds to toss the jar on the bed and throws himself away. Then he makes a huge dramatic ka-boom sound with motions and falls limp to the bed in mock death - his eyes closed and his tongue drooping to one side. Then repeats because he can see me laughing my head off.

* * * * * * *

Noah was playing a game of fishing off the side of my bed last night. { I was trying to read } He throws his tea towel line off the bed and pulls it back in. Removes his imaginary fish and throws the line back out. Again, he brings his line back in and then starts wildly thrashing about and yelling that a "shark eating my butt, shark eating my butt".

* * * * * * *



Here's two ways that I use a magnetic board with alphabet letters:

1. have the letters all mixed up all over the place. Put the board down leaning on a wall and call that the ocean - then label the bed as a boat. Ask your 3 year old to dive down to the bottom of the ocean and bring back a particular letter. Repeat for all the letters that he knows.

2. have all the letters all mixed up all over the place and then call them out one by one in alphabetical order and line them up as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave me messages. Thanks so much.